MANCHEGO CHEESE FLOR DE MI PUEBLO FROM TOLEDO DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN LA MANCHA
The Manchego cheese is elaborated in the native region of La Mancha and made from milking the sheep breed “La Mancha”. The maturation period of at least 70 days. All cheeses come from registered farms in the Denomination of Origin Queso Manchego.
The Manchega sheep breed grazes throughout the year, taking advantage of the natural resources of a hard and extreme climate. The climate favors the growth of a very rustic vegetation. This race of sheep is subjected to a morphological and a very strict sanitary control.
The commercial label must show that it has been produced wholly of Manchega sheep milk and must read "Manchego".
Only Manchego cheese can be made in the area covered by the Denomination of Origin. These are the provinces of Albacete, Ciudad Real, Cuenca and Toledo.
In addition, there must be present a distinctive counter tag of the
Regulatory Council of the Denomination of Origin
Benefits of cured manchego cheese
- Given its high protein content, the cured manchego cheese is a food specially recommended for muscle development. And is recommended during childhood, adolescence and pregnancy since in these stages, a greater contribution of this nutrient is necessary.
- The cured manchego is a rich source of calcium. The cheese a good food for the bones and it is highly recommended for consumption during the pregnancy when the body require a lot of calcium.
- The abundance of iodine is beneficial for the metabolism, it helps regulate our energy level and the controls the proper function of our cells. In addition, iodine helps regulating our cholesterol level.
- The high content of zinc facilitates the body's assimilation and storage of insulin. It helps in the growth process, as well as being beneficial to the immune system and helps heal wounds. At last it helps to metabolize proteins and helps fight fatigue.
- Being a food rich in phosphorus, it helps to keep our bones and teeth healthy as well as a balanced skin as it helps maintain its natural pH. Due to its high content of phosphorus this cheese helps to have a greater physical resistance. This mineral also contributes to improve the biological functions of the brain.