JAMÓN IBÉRICO “IBERIAN HAM 100% WITH DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN” EXTREMADURA “MONTESANO”
"Superior Taste Award 2016 and 2017"
Achieving the highest recognition, with three stars, having an exceptional flavour, it is the 100% Iberian Bellota Ham.
The Superior Taste Award is an annual award, which recognizes foods and beverages of excellent taste and quality. It is awarded by the International Taste & Quality Institute (iTQi). Regarded as "The Michelin Guide” of the Food and Beverages, iTQi is an independent body of chefs and sommeliers, dedicated to the evaluation and promotion of food and beverages of superior taste.
ITQi Jury members from 17 different countries are among the most prestigious culinary associations in Europe, such as the Maîtres Cuisiniers de France, the Académie Culinaire de France, the Academy of Culinary Arts, Euro-Toques, the Federazione Italiana Cuochi, the Nordic Chefs Association, etc...
The 100% Iberian Bellota Ham was evaluated by 140 world-renowned European chefs and sommeliers, receiving the highest score, thus obtaining the award of the three golden stars that classifies it as "Exceptional Product"
During the evaluations, the different products are blindly sampled through a very rigorous sensory analysis process. The intensity of global taste pleasure, as well as several organoleptic criteria, appearance, smell, texture, taste and aftertaste, are analyzed and commented in detail
Like the Michelin guide, iTQi does not organize a competition, but rather rewards the products on their own merits.
Regulation of Iberian Ham:
- The animals must have a minimum of 100% Iberian purity of breed (Both parents must be 100% Iberian Breed)
- 60 days minimum acorn feeding and must gain a minimum of 46 kg in that time.
- The acorn grazing period is from October 1. to December 15.
- Nutrition: acorns and resources form the meadows
- Minimum age of pig slaughter is 14 months
- Minimum slaughter weight shall be 115 kg
- Free roaming animals
- The only one with denomination of origin and 100% “pata negra”
The tastiest “Iberico de Bellota” ham!